Some older Roland keyboards suffer from a bad choice of material. The metal plates that give weight to the keys are glued in with a red substance that eventually looses its consistency and drips onto the keybed. Roland did offer a replacement for applicable devices, but it appears that they are now out of stock and can therefor no longer provide that service. Affected devices are mainly JD-800 and D-70. Both my units were affected so I had to come up with a solution. Fortunately not much harm has been done yet so I just had to do a little cleaning.
Here is an image where you can see what it looks like when the glue starts to flow
On the next picture you can see the consistency that it takes on. I used a screwdriver to push back or scrape off the red stuff on seriously affected keys.
I then took a hot glue gun and sealed the red glue along the edges. This should prevent it from flowing. At least I haven´t experienced any leakage again since then.
The whole procedure took a good hour and about ten sticks of hot glue as the black keys need a little more filling.