Tag Archives: System Exclusive
BCR2000 Resource Pack for KORG DW-8000
KORG M1 realtime control
I never thought I´d ever own a KORG M1. But when I recently found a used one at a very reasonable price I couldn´t resist. Now I am not really interested in its famous piano or organ sounds, or the internal sequencer for that matter. I rather want to explore its capabilities to produce drone like soundscapes. And for that, at least a little amount of realtime controllability would be apreciated.
Fortunately all relevant parameters are editable via SysEx. And as I found out the M1 reacts fluently to parameter changes. The only oddity is that the parameter numbers in the SysEx message depend on the structure of the program, and so double oscillator programs have a different parameterset than single programs. I therefore settled for a control set for double oscillator programs as polyphony is not an issue for me. The fact that the display of the M1 also jumps to the currently modified parameter is a nice touch as well…
DW-6000 editor panel for Ctrlr
I have just released a panel for Ctrlr for the KORG DW-6000. This panel can be used as a mapper between standard MIDI CCs and the DWs SysEx messages, allowing all parameters to be controlled by a hardware MIDI controller. This also applies to those parameters that are combined in a single SysEx message, like OSC 1+2 waveforms.
A corresponding preset for the BCR2000 MIDI Controller is also in the works…
You can find the Ctrlr panel here.
BCR2000 resource packs
The zip files provided here each contain the following:
- Overlays for SkinMan and ready to print.
- Preset SysEx files for BC Manager or direct transfer to the BCR.
- As it is not possible to tell the BCR how and where to include the MIDI channel number within the SysEx message, the byte containing the channel number must be hardcoded within the SysEx file. Refer to the ReplaceMIDIChannel_README textfile in the package for a search-replace string to change the MIDI channel to your needs.
- BC Manager SysEx Definition File (if applicable)
You may use the content of the packages for your own purposes. For distribution, please link to this site.
- BCR2000 Resource Pack for Roland JX-8P
For more information see Custom overlays for BCR
- BCR2000 Resource Pack for Synth In A Case
Synth In A Case is an ensemble for Native Instruments Reaktor.
You will have to manually assign the controllers used by the BCR preset.
- BCR2000 Resource Pack for Roland α-Juno
Can be used with both α-Juno 1 and 2.
- BCR2000 Resource Pack for KORG M1
KORG M1 has different parametersets for single and double mode. This pack only supports double mode patches!
- BCR2000 Resource Pack for KORG Polysix (KLC)
For the KORG Legacy Collection Polysix VST plugin. Please note that not all controllers used in the patch are already assigned in the default controller map!
- BCR2000 Resource Pack for KORG microKORG
- BCR2000 Resource Pack for KORG DW-8000